|An Emergency Medical Technician - Basic (EMT-B) works in Emergency Medical Services and is responsible for:
Unitek Education is one of only two programs in the entire country which allows their students to graduate EMT certified in two weeks of intense training. Get certified in less time and gain real hands-on experience. This includes a local ride-along, allowing you to experience what it means to be an EMT before achieving certification. Unitek Education also provides testing assistance for those who need a little extra help.
- Basic life support at the scene of an emergency
- Transport of the sick and injured
- Inter-facility transfer within an organized EMS system
Scroll down for certification information, the schedule for open enrollment, and our boot camp preparation page.
Boot Camp Details:
- One of the only nationwide two-week EMT-B boot camps offered in the United States.
- The boot camp offers EMT National Registry passing assistance and delivers the skills-training through a combination of theory lectures and hands-on prep with medical equipment.
- 120 hours of hands-on instructor-led training and 10 hours of clinical. 12+ hours per day of instruction!
- Optional single or double occupancy deluxe hotel stay (including breakfast) at a deluxe hotel. *Please note that there is a limited capacity for double occupancy enrollments.
- Fresh catered meals - breakfast (with hotel package), and all lunches and dinners at Unitek Education's location are included on all 14 days.
- Excellent financing options - 100% financing.
- All students will have a clinical ride-along in an ambulance or Emergency Room setting. (Not a simulation).
- American Heart Association's Basic Life Support (BLS) / CPR training and card included for all students.
Unitek Education's goal is to make each graduate more marketable by offering multiple certifications to prepare new EMT's to be able to meet the needs and requirements of the various types of agencies an EMT can work within. We currently offer 5 certifications.
- CPR - There are many levels of CPR certifications, and we offer the highest level - Health Care Provider by the American Heart Association. The certification is good for 2 years and is required as a part of EMT-B certification.
- Glucometer - The glucometer is used by EMT's to measure a person's blood sugar level, requiring drawing blood from a patient and reading the blood sugar levels via a glucometer.
- I.V. Maintenance - From time to time, patients need to be transferred from one facility to another with an I.V. already established. This certification enables EMT-Basics to learn and understand I.V. basics. Please understand - this is not a certificate to initiate I.V.'s - rather, it is to learn how to take care of a patient who already has one.
- Advanced Airway - This is a life saving procedure that helps unconscious patients breathe. The student will learn how to perform endotracheal intubation (inserting a breathing tube) as well as being certified on the combitube which can be used in situations when intubation has failed or when airway management is needed for trapped patients.
- Course completion certificate - After successful completion of the 130 hour EMT, each student is given a certificate of completion which makes them eligible to take the NREMT exam to obtain licensure.
Boot Camp Preparations
Already enrolled? Please make sure that you review the Boot Camp Preparation option below.
Unitek Education's Boot Camps are led by a single industry expert. Why is this important to you? Traditional courses require multiple instructors to complete a single course, making it difficult for students to stay on track. Consistency is lost in the classroom as each instructor's teaching style varies. At Unitek Education, however, one excellent lead instructor facilitates the entire program, melding the curriculum into a seamless process that gives Unitek Education's students a more consistent education. We challenge you to find a comparable boot camp which offers this level of advantage!
Boot Camp Schedule and Hours
14 Day Emergency Medical Technician Boot Camp
| Dec 22
|| Jan 04
||Fremont - San Francisco Bay Area, CA |
| Jan 05
|| Jan 18
||Fremont - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
| Feb 02
|| Feb 15
||Fremont - San Francisco Bay Area, CA |
| Mar 02
|| Mar 15
||Fremont - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Call us for your customizable onsite training requests **
Non-California students: Currently, all of our EMT- B Boot Camps are held in California. Students from all over the United States can attend the boot camps (for non-local students, travel discounts* will be provided and the hotel and meals package are available).
* Some restrictions apply.
Unitek Education is applying for permission to teach EMT boot camps in all major U.S. states. If you are unable to take advantage of the California travel package, but are interested in attending our boot camp in your state, please fill out the information form. Our counselors will give you date/location information once we have completed our EMS approval process. If I don't live in California, how can I be sure that attending the boot camp in California will enable me to get an EMT-B license/registration in my state?
Note that while we will make all efforts to get a double occupancy room for you, the assignment is contingent on your roommate preference and availability.
Each day the boot camp starts at 8:00 am sharp and continues until 8:00 pm. (Note: Hours may change slightly based on instructor/classroom feedback)
NREMT Passing Assistance
In the event you are unsuccessful passing the cognitive NREMT® exam on your first test attempt, Unitek Education gives you the option to retake the NREMT examination once more at no cost. If you pass the course with 80% or higher and were unsuccessful in passing the cognitive NREMT ® examination, Unitek Education offers graduates the option to retake the 14-Day Boot camp again, within 18-months, for no additional charge. (Note: The tuition cost will be waived for the course retake. Charges associated with Airfare, Hotel and meals are not covered by Unitek Education).
The following additional requirements apply to the cognitive NREMT ® Exam retake offer:
Unitek Education will issue a voucher for the cognitive NREMT® examination and, if needed, a second voucher for the second attempt.
- Student MUST have successfully complete the entire 130 hours of Unitek Education’s EMT Program prior to the scheduled date of the cognitive NREMT® examination and achieved a minimum score of 80% cumulative grade average in the EMT program.
- The first cognitive NREMT® examination attempt must be within 30 days of completion of the course. The second attempt (if needed) must be within 90 days from the result of the first attempt. The retake is ONLY valid for students that attempted (and did not pass) the cognitive NREMT® examination on the first attempt & within the required time frame. If, for any reason, the student did not make the first attempt within the required time, the retake offer is considered null and void.
- Students understand that they must take the NREMT exam within two years of the completion of the course or they will not be able to apply for the NREMT Certification. Psychomotor (Practical skill) examination results are valid for one (1) year from the date of the examination. National EMT-Basic / EMT certification requires successful completion of both a cognitive and psychomotor exam. Passed portions of the exam (both cognitive and psychomotor) remain valid for a twelve (12) month period. Practical skill examination results are valid for one (1) year from the date of the examination.
Note - To attend a future boot camp for free, you need to bring your textbooks and uniform. (Airfare, Hotel, and Meals are the student's responsibility).
Furthermore, we are so confident about the quality of our course, that if during the first day you are not satisfied and wish to withdraw from the course, simply notify the instructor, return all unmarked course material, and receive a prorated refund. (We will charge you a non-refundable registration fee of $250, $71 per night of hotel stay, books, and prorated hours of instruction.) All training materials must remain with the instructor at the time of withdrawal.
The following will void your NREMT Exam Retake option:
Your new career is only 14 days away, so what are you waiting for???
- Any violations of classroom policy.
- Not successfully completing the didactic portion of the course.
- Failed Psychomotor NREMT® skills examination
- Missed more than 12 hours.